RTOERO believes in the power of our community to secure a better future, and we are committed to helping secure better futures for students, for each other, and for seniors in Canada. One of the ways we work towards achieving this goal is through our post-secondary scholarship program, established with reference to our strategic goal: To improve the lives of members and seniors.
This year, RTOERO is awarding 20 scholarships valued at $3000 each to post-secondary (college or university) students enrolled in programs that lead to a career either in education, environmental stewardship or seniors health and wellbeing.
RTOERO members are encouraged to recommend students in their lives, including family members, who meet the criteria.
Over the past 16 years, RTOERO has awarded scholarships totaling over $500,000
- The applicant must be studying in a college or university program that leads to a career either in education, environmental stewardship or seniors’ health and wellbeing.
- This includes fields such as: Health sciences, medicine, nursing, personal care, geriatric health care, research into healthy active living for seniors, architects, designers of age-friendly spaces, conservation sciences, natural resource protection, pollution prevention, waste management and teaching or careers in education.
- Students who are newly entering their programs are eligible provided that they are enrolled in their programs at the time of the application deadline.
- The applicant must be recommended by an RTOERO member.
- Successful applicants may be awarded the RTOERO scholarship only once.
- RTOERO members are not themselves eligible to be awarded the scholarship.
- In addition to the completed application, the applicant must provide proof of enrolment.
- Students are to fill out the application themselves, not the RTOERO member.
How to apply
Please read thoroughly the following application instructions before completing your application. Applications are due January 14, 2022. For more information contact [email protected].