Imagine being able to reach a Canadian-licensed pharmacist with medication questions whenever you need to. With Express Scripts Canada Pharmacy, you can.
Extended health care plan members can join Express Scripts Canada Pharmacy at no added cost and take advantage of the convenient online pharmacy for maintenance medications.
What’s on this page:
What are maintenance medications?
Maintenance medications are medications you regularly take—for example, diabetes, cholesterol or blood pressure medications.
Any medications you need immediately, for example, antibiotics for a one-off issue, are best to fill at a brick-and-mortar pharmacy.
Why switch to Express Scripts Canada Pharmacy for maintenance medications?
Here are some of the benefits of switching to Express Scripts Canada Pharmacy:
- 24/7 access to a Canadian pharmacist. You can contact the pharmacy by phone toll free at 1 855 550-MEDS (6337)
- Lower dispensing fees
- 90 day supply of your maintenance medications
- After you’ve transferred your prescriptions, Express Scripts Canada Pharmacy will contact you when it’s time for a refill. Your maintenance medications will be filled automatically and delivered to your door for free
- You’ll be alerted when it’s time to renew your prescription with your doctor. You have the option to have Express Scripts Canada Pharmacy contact your doctor’s office on your behalf about the renewal
- Suppose you don’t want automatic refills, your order ships within seven business days from when you submit a refill request. This option may be helpful for medications used seasonally or for reoccurring periods, but not all the time
- You can access the service online anytime from the Express Scripts Canada Virtual Pharmacy mobile app or online via their secure patient website. There you can see your medications, and submit manual refill requests if needed
- Your medications are automatically checked for possible drug interactions, and the health and allergy information you’ve shared is reviewed. Any concerns will be flagged and addressed by a Canadian-licensed pharmacist
- Never wait in line or risk missing a dose, and enjoy low dispensing fees
- Any portion of medication costs that aren’t covered can be charged automatically to the credit card you provide
Before you join
Here’s what to do before your set up your account and transfer your prescriptions for maintenance medications to Express Scripts Canada Pharmacy:
- Ensure you’re already a member of the RTOERO extended health care plan for retirees
- Make sure you have a 30-day supply for each maintenance drug you take. If you don’t have a 30-day supply, refill your prescription from your current pharmacy before joining Express Scripts Canada Pharmacy
- Make sure you have at least one refill for each of your maintenance drugs on file at your current pharmacy to do the transfer. If not, renew your prescription at your current pharmacy before doing the transfer
- Have your RTOERO benefits card and also have your spouse’s benefit card if you are covered as a dependant on their plan
- Gather all maintenance medications you are currently taking. The information you need to transfer your prescriptions is on the medication labels
How to join
Go to the Express Scripts Canada Pharmacy page for RTOERO members and click Register – choose the option to use a VIP code.
Or, download the Express Scripts Canada Pharmacy mobile app and register through the app. Select the option to enter a VIP code.
Fill in the form fields to set up your account. Use your VIP code: RTOERO.
Skip the ‘See my prescriptions’ step and continue filling in your information.
Once your account is active, you can begin transferring prescriptions following the Transferring Prescriptions guide available in your account.
An Express Scripts Canada pharmacist will contact you for a consultation to ensure everything is taken care of and answer any questions you have.
Set up your account
How to enroll using the websiteHow to enroll using the app
Need help? Call: 1 855 550-MEDS (6337). Residents of Québec, please contact PharmaGO toll free at 1 855 333-3977