As an ACDP Communication Facilitator you will provide support to adults with aphasia and other communication disabilities in one of four program locations (Newmarket, Vaughan, Maple, Stouffville):
● Assist staff and clients during client arrival/departure, program set-up/clean-up and breaks
● Use a variety of supportive communication strategies to enhance group participation of clients (training provided)
● Participate in program pre and post meetings with staff and volunteers
● Prepare and/or bring in materials and resources for communication groups
● Record and report weekly volunteer hours
● Adhere to all MODC policies, procedures and guidelines
For more information, please contact Nicole Picavet, Coordinator, Volunteer Engagement.